When choosing window coverings for your home there are many aspects to consider. Privacy is one of the most common reasons home owners require blinds or curtains in their home. If privacy is your main requirement then read on as here we list our top 5 options.
- Shutters – Plantation Shutters are the ultimate window covering for privacy for both day and night. With louvreable blades that can be positioned to get the best of light control and cooling breezes, shutters will provide you with a solution for all times of the day.
- Sheer and blockout curtains on a double rail – Sheer curtains will give you the daytime privacy and the filtered light you need without blocking your view. Blockout curtains will provide night time privacy as well as light and warmth control.
- Day/Night roller blinds – As with sheer and blockout curtains sunscreen fabric roller blinds will give you privacy during the day as well protection from the heat and glare. A blockout roller blind provides you with night time privacy and light control.
- Venetians – traditional Venetian blinds are still a winner providing privacy whilst allowing light and breeze to filter into your home. The blades can be moved to suit your requirements at different times of the day.
- Panel Glide Blinds in light filtering fabrics – A translucent fabric is a lovely option for providing privacy in an area that does not need to be darkened. Living areas that need privacy will sometimes need filtered light and sun control without making the room dark. Translucent fabrics provide privacy night and day.